38 thoughts on “Wordless Wednesday: Cone of Shame, Bad. Atomic Cone of Shame, Cool.

1. Where did you get that neat cone? You look quite dapper in it, Dennis. Dapper but unhappy. We’re sorry you hurt your paw trying to escape from the huge, evil bird of prey coming after you and hope it heals quickly.

2. Mango says:

Poor Dennis, but nice cone. PeeWee got one of those. Much more comfy and of course the radioactive rim rocks.

Slobbers,
    Mango

3. The OP Pack says:

Phantom much preferred the comfy cone too, although he would much rather have no cone. Dennis, we hope your paw is doing better now – do outside birds bother you too?

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

4. Frankie Furter says:

Hello, Frankie Furter, the Dachshund here

Poor Dennis…

School + Bird= GOOD

Ok Bye SEE how much we miss you. We even Try to be Pretend Dennis. SAD SAAAAAAD state of affairs. I’m just sayin’.

5. Poor Dennis. He simply want to catch that vicious bird!

To his credit? That dog rocks not only the cone:but also a blog and was not killing the bird! 😀

I know the cone of shame. Well!!

Not for myself; of course.

6. Hi Dennis!! My mommy is writing this for me!!! You no what I’m hungry! No. Wait. (still waiting for mommy) … RELEASEEE! She’s giving the look. You know?? That look says; I think I forget.

She wants me to tell you I’m a good boy now! I don’t kill the rabbits and the bird anymore; and she lets me sleep all curled up on the bedstead right next to her. All curled up. She spreads a bit of my joy everywhere we go!

Mommy says if you’re parents ever tire of you (what with that cone and all!); she will love you and keep you and give you a good home…even if you have springs in your doggie butt; like a still do.

We love you love lots and lots,

TJ; Mr. October 2010

Brenda: TJ’s mom…always

7. We finally get it!!! You’re not terrified of that bird; your natural bird dog instincts are battling with the knowledge that your Mom and Dad would be less than pleased if you ate the bird. Right? (RIGHT?!?) We’re going to go with that story. Dude, that Radioactive Cone of Shame is STYLIN’! 🙂

*kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

8. I knew he’d seen The Birds a few too many times, or maybe he was reading about murdering crows! Dennis, we hope your foot is feeling better soon and that the vicious parakeet stays safely contained at school. I bet pillows are hard to destroy in that thing…

9. The first photo made me think of the RCA Victor dog, except that with Dennis’s superior mental kung-fu, he has Become The Gramophone. An atomic gramophone, though! How times have changed.

10. Sarge says:

Hey Dennis!
    Wow, I’ve never seen a Pterydactyl before. I knew they were huge, scary, ugly, snorting, dog-eating, fire-breathing, death beasts…but I still wasn’t prepared for the horror. No wonder you were scared! I almost couldn’t look! BTW: Pawesome cone. If you gotta wear one, express your stylish self.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

11. Dennis- I am sorry you have to have a stressful cone right now. Me, I’m finally not stressed. My mom came home today, and now I can stop licking my leg. Whew! I have to keep licking when something is bugging me, and when I get the skin licked off, I leak.

12. Stella says:

Dennis! I can’t believe a dog who has killed off 7,800 dollars worth of furniture has been defeeted by a tiny birdie guy. Although you do look good in the cone. Wear it in good health, Dennis. Isn’t your Dad done with his book yet? Tell him to wrap it up so we can get back to your interstellar adventures, OK?

Kisses,
    Stella

13. Lorenza says:

I don’t want to sound mean… but I am glad that birdie is away from you now!
    I hope you get rid of that cone soon!
    Take care, Dennis!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

14. Tony McGurk says:

Boy oh boy Dennis you really wear that trendy cone with style. I don’t blame you or being afraid of the huge predator eagle, just one of those things could carry off a Great Dane in its beak. You acted wisely Dennis the Brave.

Oh wait I just scrolled back up & compared to your Dada’s hand that birdy is just a real harmless little cute thing & you mean to tell me a great big flyball champion like you is scared of it…
    Aha Ha Ha ha Ha Ha ha Ha Ha ha Ha Ha ha Ha!!!!

15. Jed & Abby in MerryLand USA says:

We’re with Sarge. Dennis studied hard and remembers that birds are descended from DINOSAURS, and you never know when that parakeet’s dinosaur DNA might kick in, like the Hulk, and transform it into a Vizsla-eating 8900-pound monster.

Dada’s book must be up to 10,000 pages by now. Or maybe he’s working on the last book of his new trilogy?

Jed & Abby